I sense that a large portion of the population is wondering what’s going on in the world of American Cheese these days. Well no worries, I got yo back! Three, count ’em, 3 important updates to share!
1) So last weekend was the Bourdain & Ripert event that I mentioned I would attend. I didn’t quite know what to expect heading in, I just hoped that it would be entertaining. Boy was it ever! A recap of what I learned:
- John McEnroe is the only person banned from dining at Le Bernardin. Perhaps it had something to do with this, but Ripert indicated that it goes beyond the rough appearance on Letterman.
- The Situation, of all people, has had a private tour of the Le Bernardin kitchen. Bourdain made it a point to give Ripert shit for this.
- Bourdain doesn’t dislike Guy Fieri. He would feel bad for anyone “who has to wake up every morning, throw on a flame suit, and eat denver omelets at a bunch of diners, drive-ins, and meth labs.”
- Bourdain and Ripert dislike Paula Deen and her portrayal of “southern cookin”.
- Bourdain describes the worst tasting dish he ever sampled on Top Chef as what he imagines felching would taste like. I won’t provide a link for that one.
2) Tomorrow night, Ratty and I are heading to Incanto for dinner. I hear they do some funky things with their meat (TWSS). Chris Cosentino seems like he knows his stuff, so my expectations are pretty high! By the way, I strongly believe that the meat cone at Boccalone for $3.50 is one of the best deals in the city.
3) Right now I’m eating Trader Joe’s beef bolognese ravioli. They’re
One thought on “Updates!”
Meat cone eh? I didn’t tell you I’m now vegetarian? jk jk